Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mistexts We Make

The other day I texted a girlfriend who I haven't chatted with in a while and typed "Hey lazy!" instead of "Hey lady." This social fail isn't so uncommon as I learned recently from the blog Damn You Auto Correct by Jillian Madison -- a curated collection of some of the world's most hilarious and embarrassing mistexts mistakes. For anyone that thinks my lazy comment was bad, check out some of the doozies on her blog. Here's my favorite in the spirit of Halloween week.



Anyone else have any good ones? Browse more blunders in her book Damn You Auto Correct on Amazon.



6 comments:

  1. A text conversation that I had with a girl I was seeing at the time.

    Me: Hey. Still at work. Having a quick meeting with my assistant. Call you when I get out of her.

    Her: Get out of her? What are you putting in her? Sounds like a real great assistant.

    Me: I meant here. Not putting anything in HER.

    Her: What's the meeting about? Anything good?

    Me: No just year end compensation. I think she's expecting a pretty big boner.

    Her: Boner? WTF? What kind of firm are you guys running over there?

    Me: I meant BONUS. Money. Not cock.


    Needless to say that relationship didn't last.

    VV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I text nooooo to people my auto-correct changes it to billiondollarbabes. You can see the problems this could cause...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me??? Did you take a screen shot? The best part of auto corrects is when your text turns into a Freudian slip....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cass, that's cray cray. Sounds like a branch of the dating service "Sugar Daddies"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I typed Hi and auto correct changed it to, "I hate your face." Seriously though, none of this would happen if people learned how to spell and turned off auto correct.

    Machines are the enemy, I once put Noodles and Company in a gps and ended up in a trailer park. I learned my lesson.

    ReplyDelete