Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mistaken Texts Take 2...

Thank you all for the entertaining responses and stories!

I had to call out one of my favorite responses to "A Case of a Mistaken Text" -- a post that proves we can rise above even our worst techno-pas. And if it makes you feel better anonymous, know that I feel your pain, I once had a close call with two Matts, the 6th most popular name for guys in 1980, the year I was born. Cristina is ranked #15 for girls BTW...don't beat yourself up.

About 6 months ago in a half drunken stupor I sent a late night text to an old girlfriend. I asked her if she would be interested in a late night rendezvous at a bar that we both frequent. Now I have to preface the remainder of this story by telling you that I have in my life attracted an inordinate number of girls with the name Christine... or some mild variation... Christie, Kristen, etc... A very generic name in today's society I know... Much to my surprise the text I sent did not reach the person I intended it for. A completely different girl showed up. This left me with a bit or a moral dilemma... Did I A)pretend that the right girl had shown up, or B) apologize profusely and explain the situation... I went with option C). I didn't think it was fair to lead anyone on so I made up some lame excuse to leave abruptly... not sure if it was the right thing to do, but it definitely seemed like the best way to spare her feelings and I wanted to be a gentleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment