Tuesday, September 27, 2011

E-motional Rescue

Today GOOD magazine wrote a post about Emotional Bag Check, a website that allows you to dump your baggage digitally while enabling a stranger to pick it up--and pick you up--by DJing you an appropriate song. Obviously fascinated, I sent a stranger Dirt off Your Shoulder by JayZ when I picked up his baggage about trying to shake a creepy ex. 

The site seems to be catching on and notes on the home page that it is secretly a music site and is currently powered by Grooveshark. Noticeably missing from the list are some of my favorite feel better songs: I Feel It All (Feist), You Got the Love (Florence & the Machine) and Emotional Rescue (Rolling Stones). What ones would you add?

7 comments:

  1. Should I be concerned that I have more than half of these songs on my Ipod?

    I know how ashamed I should be to admit this, but I would include the theme song from the movie "Castaway." I weep like a 6 year old girl with a skinned knee everytime I hear it. Now excuse me while I go look for my balls...

    VV

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMg what is the song? I just sent someone No More I Love Yous by Annie Lennox. I think I just had a nervous breakdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just sent someone No More I Love yous by Annie Lennox. I think I just had a nervous breakdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interestingly I got a lot of Facebook comments on this bringing up more upbeat songs like, Ben Folds "Song for the Dumped" and "Shots, shots, shots."

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about Express Yourself by Madonna--classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just thought of another one---it's from the soundtrack of The Women-the recent movie, the song is by Lucy Schwartz called "Count on Me"-equally uplifting and tear-inducing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the mention of Madonna brings on a slew of emotional baggage for me including Crazy for You, the song I wept to when Jason Hanna picked another chick over me in 7th grade. Tear!

    ReplyDelete