Today everyone is available. Even the emotionally unavailable. You can reach them via text message, Twitter or Facebook. Just don't ask for their BBM pin, unless you're really ready to commit. Welcome to Techromance, a place where you won't be judged for breaking up with someone over IM.
This week a few unfortunate conversations with guy friends left me with a fortunate thought for women everywhere -- she's just not that into you could be the new he's just not that into you.
Although I felt for these blokes, the forever single girl in me was mildly satisfied to observe a power shift and watch guys, like many girls before them, fish for excuses for not getting their affections returned. Now when women make excuses for guys not showing them love they generally channel their creative problem solving skills to come up with reasons why. But when the tables are turned, I've heard guys hypothesize that perhaps the girl is just making them work for it. But most likely this is NOT the case. So for all my male readers and friends, she is not playing ultra hard to get -- she's just not that into you.
She's Just Not That Into You If...
1. She responds to your text messages as "who's this" because she hasn't programmed you into her phone
2. You have a lot of "Hi"s with blank spaces under them directed to her on Facebook chat
3. She never bothers to cook you anything
4. She never bothers to pay for anything
5. Her ex boyfriend plays bass in a band you have actually seen in concert
6. You say "we need to go out." She says "definitely." You say "Wednesday?" She never responds.
7. She needs another "girls" night
8. She doesn't show up to your birthday party or comment on your photos from it
9. You try and sext her and she responds "LOL"
10. Her name is Amelie or Noel
11. The thought of you, her and third base immediately conjures up associations with ZogSports
12. She's going to have a "big night" Saturday, but could be up to hang with you on Sunday